Weir’s Close Canongate Royal Mile Edinburgh

Weir’s Close(Weir’s Land)was named after the owner George Weir (Brewer) who built both a Brewery and Tavern in the Close

weir's close Canongate royal mile Edinburgh

Weir’s Close home of George Chalmers founder of Chalmer’s Hospital which opened to patients in 1864 on the lower floors the upper floors were opened to fee paying patients in 1872.

Weir's Close Canongate Royal Mile Edinburgh Plaque George Chalmers who lived here

Old Playhouse Close