Thistle Court Edinburgh
Thistle Street was one of the streets in the design plans of the New Town of 1759. It was to run parallel with Princes Street, George Street, and Queen street. Between George Street and Queen Street named after the Scottish emblem the Thistle of Scotland. However, the two architects that completed the New Town requested streets to be named after them and it was decided to reduce the length of Thistle Street to enable Mr Hill and Mr Young a street each thereafter Thistle street becoming from the west end, Young Street, Hill Street, then the remainder remaining Thistle Street as it is today.
The houses can be found in thistle court at the east end of the New Town. Thistle Court was originally called Rose Court.