Skinner’s Close Castlehill Royal Mile Edinburgh
Skinner’s Close was the originally Built by the Incorporation of Skinner’s and Furriers and a William Brown Skinner had a house in the close. It was also the site of Fortunes tavern before moving Old Stamp Office Close then to Nicholson Square and finally to St Andrew’s Square. Fortune’s Tavern was a place for the well-heeled and gentlemen of Edinburgh. This close was demolished to make way for the present building the Camera Obscura circa 1850.