Shoemakers’ Close Canongate Royal Mile Edinburgh

Shoemakers’ Close was named as the Corporation of Cordiners of the Canongate who were granted the land (1647). Which stretch from Shoemakers’ Close to Bibleland all three tenements were part of the Cordiners (Shoemaker’s) Lands. 

Shoemakers’ Land

  shoemaker's close Canongate Royal Mile Edinburgh  shoemaker stone Canongate Royal Mile Edinburgh Plaque

                                             Bibleland

  Shoemaker's Land Three Tenement made Shoemaker's Land Canongate Royal Mile Edinburgh  Bibleland Canongate Royal Mile Edinburgh

 

Link to Gladstone’s Court