Salisbury Road Edinburgh
EDINBURGH SYNAGOGUE AND HEBREW COMMUNITY CENTRE
The Synagogue in Edinburgh was opened in 1932 and 1500 people attended the first service. The Synagogue in Salisbury Road is the only Synagogue in Edinburgh and has been since 1932. The first Synagogue in Edinburgh was in North Richmond Street in 1817. There has been a large Jewish community in Edinburgh for nearly 200 years. The Salisbury Road building was the initiative of Dr Salis Daiches, who served for 27 years as the Rabbi. Piershill Cemetery is now the main Jewish Cemetery for Edinburgh.