Royal Mile Horse Wynd Edinburgh
Royal Mile Horse Wynd Edinburgh was where the royal stables were and later there was a brewery on the site. Horse Wynd Edinburgh was also were the Royal Coaches would depart for London. The journey would take approximately 13 days. Opposite the Palace is the site of the new Scottish Parliament building, continue round and you will arrive in the Queens Park where Arthur Seat can be climbed on the Radical Road for a magnificent view of Edinburgh, Lothians and the Forth Bridges. Also take the road around the hill and see the Lochs and St Anthony’s Chapel that stands above St Margaret’s Loch on the hill.
The Queen’s Gallery Royal Mile Horse Wynd Edinburgh
The Queen’s Gallery opened in 2002 to house pictures, paintings and photographs of the queen her family and her travels around the world. The Gallery opened by the Queen on Her Majesty’s Golden Jubilee year. The gallery building was constructed as a church circa 1848. he Queens Gallery at Holyrood is part of the Royal Collection Trust, who look after the Royal Collection. The Queen’s Collection Trust has one of the most important art collections in the world.
Scottish Parliament Building Royal Mile Horse Wynd Edinburgh
The Scottish Parliament Building sited on Horse Wynd. Construction of the building commenced in June 1999 and the Members of the Scottish Parliament held their first debate in the new building on 7 September 2004. The formal opening by Queen Elizabeth took place on 9 October 2004. Take the free tour of the building. The Parliament was housed for a period at Castlehill in Mary of Guise’s Palace the first building on the right going up Castlehill. The Palace build and Chapel were mostly demolished to make way for the New College on the Mound in 1848.