Roxburgh’s Close High Street Edinburgh

Roxburgh's Close High Street Royal Mile Edinburgh

Roxburgh’s Close on the north side of the High Street in the Royal Mile Edinburgh is named after John Roxburgh a chef and burgess of Edinburgh in 1605. As most close’s the name changed with the owner of the land as this was owned originally by Henry Cant who owned property in Advocate’s Close. The Close is also famous for another resident Donnchadh Ban MacIntyre a famous Gaelic Poet.

 

 Roxburgh's Close High Street Royal Mile Edinburgh 

 

Link to Warriston’s Close