Riddle’s Close and Court Lawnmarket Royal Mile Edinburgh

Riddle’s (Riddell) Close and Court was originally Built on land owned by George Riddell where the name originates from. The Fishers then sold it to Patrick Maule of the Panmure Family in turn sold it to George McMorran. Then Baillie John McMorran built a house on the land for himself in 1590. He was one of the wealthiest residents of Edinburgh at that time. Inside you can see the different interiors from the 16th – 19th centuries. The story of the building can be seen in the painted ceilings by Patrick Geddes. See where the banquet was held when King James the sixth stayed here with his Queen. It now is home to The Patrick Geddes Centre, Riddle’s Court, 322 Lawnmarket, Edinburgh EH1 2PG and the Scottish Historic Buildings Trust. Available for weddings, conferences, functions and public tours.

Riddles Close and Court Plaque Lawnmarket Royal Mile Edinburgh

  lawnmarket riddle's court entry on royal mile  Riddle's Court Lawnmarket Royal Mile Edinburgh  Riddle's Court Archway interior Lawnmarket Royal Mile Edinburgh

                                                                                              

Link to Fisher’s Close Lawnmarket