Pleasance Edinburgh

The remaining part of the Flodden Wall that is still standing, from Drummond Street down the Pleasance to where the Cowgate Port stood. 

  Flodden Wall Pleasance Last remaining part still Standing

The Plaque at the Flodden Wall in the Pleasance reads; To the rear of this site lies a remaining section of the Flodden Wall built to protect Edinburgh. Some time after the Battle of Flodden (1513). repairs to conserve the wall were carried out jointly by the university and the District Council of Edinburgh in 1988.

Flodden Wall Plaque last remaining part near where the Cowgate stood

Link to St Leonards and Hermits

Link to Cowgate