Morrison’s Close Royal Mile High Street Edinburgh
Morrison’s Close in 1783 was where women of position could have their clothes made by a London fashion House “Chemize de Lorraine”.
The initials on the lintel above the window read; JS and CS with the date 1902 are the initials of the developers and petitioners J & G Stewart Ltd and the date of renovations completed on the tenement. The developers using an old Scottish tradition of who owned the property. This was usually the the husband and wife’s initials on the taking ownership or there marriage date.