East London Street Edinburgh
Gayfield House (18 East London Street Edinburgh)
A local builder, built Gayfield House circa 1763 and sold it to Lord Thomas Erskine in 1765, who died a year later when the property became the residence of David 6th Earl of Leven. In 1873 the house became a veterinary school which moved to become the Veterinary School a part of the University of Liverpool. Gayfield House was sold to William Cockburn merchant in 1904. It has been a laundry a garage for car repairs and in 1990 in became derelict. A builder saved it from demolition and restored the house to its former glory.