Castle Wynd South Edinburgh
Castle Wynd South or Patrick Geddes Steps runs from Johnston Terrace to the Grassmarket. Which with Castle Wynd North gives an access from Castlehill to the Grassmarket by way of two sets of steps. On Castle Wynd South just down a few steps is the entrance to a wildlife garden run by the Scottish Wildlife Trust. Johnston Terrace Garden is also the site of where the first Gaelic Chapel was built in 1769. Inscription on a plaque that is on the wall of Johnston Terrace south side is Eaglais | Gaidhealach | Dhun – Eideannn | site of the first | Gaelic Chapel | 1769.