Blair Street Royal Mile Edinburgh

Blair Street was formed when the South Bridge was being built in 1768. To give access to the Cowgate from the High Street, at that time Marlin’s Wynd and  Peeble’s Wynd were demolished in 1785 with the west side of Niddry Street. Blair Street as Hunter Square was named after Lord Provost Sir James Hunter Blair.

Blair Street Royal Mile Edinburgh

 

Link to South Bridge

Return to list of Closes