Bell’s Wynd High Street Royal Mile Edinburgh

Bell's Wynd Sign High Street Royal Mile Edinburgh

Bell’s Wynd known as Clam shell Land, named after John Bell a brewer who lived and had a tenement in the wynd circa 1529, later George Crichton, Bishop of Dunkeld stayed in the house of John Bell who had Bell’s Brewery in the Pleasance. 

Bell's Wynd High Streeet Royal Mile Edinburgh

 Link to New Assembly Close     

Return to list of Closes