Albany Street Edinburgh
The Church for the Deaf and Dumb Edinburgh
The Edinburgh Deaf and Dumb Benevolent Society was established in 183 and The Scottish Mission to the Deaf and Dumb was set up in 1886. The two organisations merged in 1887. The premises at 49 Albany Street in Edinburgh was purchased as the Society’s headquarters. In the same building Albany Church for the Deaf and Dumb was consecrated in 1890.